5 Reasons to Join CRAG-VT Today
CRAG-VT is a nonprofit organization that relies on donations and membership dues from climbers like you to fund our work. Since our board of volunteers runs the organization and we don’t have an office space to rent, 100% of your donation or cost of membership is spent on protecting the crags you love.
We’ve secured 6 crags in Bolton that are enjoyed by so many climbers around Vermont and are continually working to connect the community with the areas they love. In case you still need to be convinced to join, here are five — out of countless— reasons.
- You love it; we protect it. Are you a weekend warrior that can’t wait to get out of the office and onto the cliff? Our organizational mission is to protect access to these places so you can get out there and enjoy them.
- More hands can accomplish more work. We help organize the climbing community to lend a hand. We organize crag clean up events and attend events raising awareness of access concerns and issues in the state.
- You’re busy and we make it easy to protect the places you play. Don’t have time to make it to these crag conservation days? Can’t voice your concerns to officials about climbing access? We can do it for you.
- We have experience. Our board members come from various backgrounds and represent decades of climbing in the state. We know these crags like the back of our hands and know who to approach and how to approach them, to ensure that access remains open.
- We represent a unified voice. CRAG-VT works for all of the climbers in the state who want access to the cliffs they love. By joining or donating you’re not only supporting your passion but you’re helping your climbing partner, your neighbor, and your climber friend as well.
Now that we’ve outlined some of the reasons to support our organization, we hope you’ll join us in our mission to preserve access and conservation of Vermont’s climbing resources. Joining costs only $25 for the year and is as simple as making a payment on this page. Your support will help all of us climbers in the state.
The Quarry Driveway is open for business. Please limit your speed to under 10mph on Green Mountain Drive and on the quarry driveway.
The trails are a bit muddy so use good judgement when accessing the upper cliffs such as the 82 and the Carcass Crag.
CRAG-VT May Meeting – 5/2/2017
Upper West Bolton Cliff, Bolton Vermont
Join us May 2 at Upper West Bolton to hang with the CRAG-VT board, do a little climbing and talk about cliff stewardship and CRAG-VT business! We will be gathering in the “Paradox” area at Upper West starting around 5-5:30. We’ll climb for a few hours and then have a short meeting afterward. If rain is in the forecast, we will meet at our normal location of Vermont Land Trust in Richmond, VT at 6:30.
UPDATE : Due to forecast rain, the meeting will be at the Vermont Land Trust in Richmond at 6:30
Falcon Closures: Here’s what we know so far…
Upper Upper West – Falcons are back and signs are up.
Marshfield – Falcons present but we are not sure where they will nest yet. We hope to figure that out before the end of the month so signs can get adjusted. Climbers should go with last year’s closure area until further notice.
Smuggs – Unknown at this time
Mt Horrid & Rattlesnake – Closure in effect until the end of nesting season.
Bone Mt – Falcons present, assume last year’s closure area unless we learn they have moved to a new site on the cliff.
CRAG-VT Spring Climbing Kickoff! Gear Exchange Burlington VT
Come check out some cool presentations on the local climbing scene at 7:45PM on Thursday April 6 at the Outdoor Gear Exchange in Burlington, VT! Admission is free, beverages will be served and presentations will feature local Vermont climbers getting you psyched for spring!
CRAG-VT April Meeting – 4/4/2017 Vermont Land Trust, Richmond Vermont
The monthly CRAG-VT meeting will be held at the Vermont Land Trust office in Richmond, VT on April 4th at 6:30. Please stop in if you want to learn more about CRAG-VT! Email email@example.com for more information! See you there!
The monthly CRAG-VT meeting will be held at the Vermont Land Trust office in Richmond, VT on March 7th at 6:30. Please stop in if you want to learn more about CRAG-VT! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information! See you there!
CRAG-VT October Meeting – 11/1/2016 Vermont Land Trust, Richmond Vermont
CRAG-VT will be holding our November board meeting on Tuesday the 1st at 6:30 at the Vermont Land Trust office in Richmond, VT. Please park in the Richmond town offices parking lot on the east side of bridge street if you are coming and cross the street to get the the Land Trust office. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.